Easy News is the first newspaper designed to be accessible for people with learning disabilities.
Politics and the news are often inaccessible to people with learning disabilities because of the use of jargon and difficult language.
There is a high demand for easy read information among people with learning disabilities. Over half of people with learning disabilities supported by United Response told us that they would like to read a newspaper with simple words and pictures. See our infographic for more stats and information about why we believe Easy News is so important.
The first edition of Easy News consists of a summary of some of the biggest news stories from 2012, with subsequent editions focusing on more topical issues.
Easy News will be published every two months and will be available in print and online. An audio version will also be available on CD and online.
- Download Easy News issue 1 as a PDF
- Download Easy News issue 2 as a PDF
- Download Easy News issue 3 as a PDF
- Download Easy News issue 4 as a PDF
- Download Easy News issue 5 as a PDF
- Download Easy News issue 6 as a PDF
- Donate to help ensure the Easy News service continues (make sure you include ‘Easy News’ in the donation target box)
- Sign up to receive an online copy or print copy of Easy News by emailing email@example.com or by filling in the form below: