Taking on an unpaid support role can be very taxing financially, emotionally and practically. Unfortunately, not all carers are aware that there is help available to them.
From financial advice to breaks in care, there are lots of ways to help ease the potential pressure of responsibility.
Supporting carers can help them:
- Stay fit and healthy
- Maintain their mental wellbeing
- Feel recognised and valued
- Juggle work commitments or get back to work
- Find time for personal development or further education.
The UK’s ageing population means that more and more individuals will find themselves caring for family members or friends at some stage. That’s why we have to get support for carers right.
If you or a carer you know is looking for support, you can make an enquiry through our Get Support lines:
- By calling 0800 0884 377
- By following the link to the Get Support Form, where you can fill in the details of your enquiry and we will contact you to discuss the support needs
- By emailing us at Get.Support@unitedresponse.org.uk
Get Support requests are managed between 9.00am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Your enquiry will be handled quickly and the appropriate local manager will get back to you, as soon as possible.