My RideLondon: take part in the 2020 event anywhere
The eighth Prudential RideLondon was due to take place on 15/16 August 2020. While the Covid-19 pandemic means the event can’t go ahead as planned this year, you can take part in the world’s greatest festival of cycling with My RideLondon.
How to take part
We’d love you to be a part of the United Response My RideLondon team – just follow these four simple steps:
- Register: visit myridelondon.co.uk and select your challenge. There are three cycling distances to choose from, or you can invent your own My FreeCycle wheeled challenge over 1km.
- Fundraise: set up your fundraising page and let people know you’re supporting us so they can sponsor you.
- Participate: set your wheels in motion and complete your challenge anywhere, at any time, over the weekend of 15/16 August!
- Nominate: encourage your family and friends to take part and help raise funds to support people with disabilities. Spread the word on social media too: use the hashtag #MyPRL when posting about the event.
No bike? No problem
You can do My FreeCycle on anything with non-motorised wheels: scooter, skateboard, balance bike, wheelchair, unicycle or scooter, the choice is yours. Have fun and set your own challenge by choosing the My RideLondon FreeCycle option when you register.
One you’re registered on the My RideLondon website, please do set up your fundraising page so you can let people know what you’re doing and how they can sponsor you – you can encourage them to take part too! We recommend using the event’s official fundraising partner Virgin Money Giving.
What you will get from United Response
- A training pack full of tips
- A fundraising pack to help you beat your target
- Help and advice from the fundraising team
Read our fundraising FAQs to find out more about setting up an online fundraising page, helpful fundraising tips and more!