How we support people with learning disabilities
We work closely with each individual and the people who are important to them. In this way, they get the support they want, in the way they want.
Make a support enquiry to see if we can help you or your family member.
Whether you have a mild, moderate or profound learning disability, we will get to know you to find what support you need and also the things you like and dislike.
We will change your support plan as and when your needs and wishes change. We can support you whether you need only a few hours of support each week, some support every day or 24-hour care.
What we can support people to do
We can support you to:
- Keep safe and healthy.
- Live independently – either on your own, with friends or family or in shared accommodation.
- Get out and about to meet new people and do new things in your life.
- Learn more skills to become more independent.
- Go on holiday.
- Keep in touch with the people who are important to you.
- Manage your household bills and money.
- Get a job or volunteer.
Our support will provide the following for you:
- You will have choice and control at all times about what you do and how you are supported.
- If you can’t speak, we will work with you to find out how you like to communicate.
- Where possible we will work with you to choose your support staff so that they match your personality and interests.
- We will always treat you with dignity and respect.
To find out more about how United Response can support you or someone you know, please use our online form to make a support enquiry…