Recipe: Christmas Chocolate Brownies
These tasty treats are easy to make and you can decorate them however you wish!
- 125g butter
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- Decorations (if you wish) such as sweets, coloured icing, sprinkles, chocolate chips
How to make Christmas Chocolate Brownies:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add cocoa and stir over a low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar.
- Add the eggs – one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Stir in the flour.
- Pour the mixture into a lined, square cake tin.
- Bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to set on a cooling rack. Cut into bars when cold.
- If you wish, you can dust the brownies with icing sugar and decorate them with sweets, coloured icing, sprinkles or chocolate chips.
- Serve however you like – fruit or ice cream goes really well with these!