Recipe: Irish Soda Bread
You just can’t beat the smell of homemade bread!
Why not try this recipe yourself for St Patrick’s Day and share your photos with us?
250g Wholemeal flour
250g Plain flour
75g Rolled oats
50g Brown sugar
20g Bicarbonate of soda
You could also add:
1 tbsp Flax seeds
1 tbsp Sunflower seeds
1 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
How to make Irish Soda Bread:
- Stir all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the buttermilk, then stir until the dough is wet.
- Spoon the dough into a loaf tin, lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 160°C for one hour.
- Remove from the tin and allow the bread to cool on a wire rack.