Greater Manchester / Bury
We support people with learning disabilities, autism and mental health support needs in Greater Manchester and Bury.
We can offer you:
- Support with day-to-day living, at home and in the community
- A home with the right support for you, or help finding one
- Fun and social activities in your local community
- Help getting ready for work and finding a job
- Education and training
Supported employment in Greater Manchester
Since 2004, we have been supporting people with learning disabilities and autism in Greater Manchester find work that is right for them.
If you decide to work with one of our job coaches, they will usually:
- Find out what sort of work you are interested in
- Help you find a work placement, which is usually unpaid at the beginning
- Then support you to negotiate paid, permanent work.
Jobs can be full-time or part-time. You might begin working for a few hours a week, and then increase them once you are used to the job.
Throughout the process, your job coach will be there to support you.
Working with employers
If you’re an employer, we can match you with suitable candidates.
We can also support you to make sure your workplace is inclusive, and get the best out of your disabled staff.
If you are interested in working with us to employ people with learning disabilities or autism, please get in touch with the supported employment team.
Find out about the benefits of employing people with learning disabilities.
Contact the supported employment team
Find out more: download the Supported Employment leaflet.
Make a referral: download the Supported Employment referral form.
Contact us about support in Greater Manchester / Bury
Contact us by phone, email or fill in a short form to find out how we can support you.