How to make: a singing angel Christmas decoration
You could make your desk look more like Christmas or you could place it on top of a small Christmas tree you might have at your house.
(Source: Blue Bear Wood)
You will need:
- A4 card
- Trim for the edge of the cone (use ribbon or glitter glue)
- Pale pink cotton pipe cleaners
- 4cm polystyrene ball
- Black craft sand
- Skeleton leaves
- Glitter glue
- Tinsel pipe cleansers
- Googly eyes
- PVA glue
- Felt off cuts
- Sticky foam pads
- White paper
- Plastic needle
- Metal needle
How to make the angel:
- Grab 2 skeleton leaves and carefully run the glitter glue around the edges. Leave them to one side.
- Grab a plastic needle and carefully insert it into the bottom of the 4cm polystyrene ball. Use your PVA glue and carefully paint the hairline.
- Then, carefully pour a small pile of black craft sand on a clean surface and roll the ball in it. Put the ball aside to dry.
- Grab the card and draw a circle. Cut it out and then neatly cut the circle in half.
- Decorate the trim of the circle with ribbon or glitter glue.
- Starting at the bottom, carefully bend the cone into shape and hold it in place with sticky tape.
- At the top of the cone, make two holes on either side with a metal needle.
- Put the pink pipe cleaner through the holes.
- Make a hole in the bottom of the head large enough to fit the point of the cone with scissors and glue in place. Leave the angel to one side.
- To make a little book, grab some felt and paper.
- Take a silver tinsel pipe cleaner measuring 30cm and wrap it around the angel’s neck and bend it up behind the head and crate a halo at the top. Trim any excess pipe cleaner if needed.
- Add the googly eyes and mouth. (you can use glitter glue for the mouth, but make sure you lay the head down so the glue doesn’t run)
- Grab the little book and glue it to the hands of the angel.
- Grab your skeleton leaves and glue them together and place at the back of the angel with sticky foam pads.